Table of Contents
Do you really need a Developer when creating a website?
Whenever I try telling people what I do to make a living they find it interesting. In some cases, people that have a basic knowledge of computers and/or web-development say things like “You know that there are easier ways to create websites, right?”. This answer stems from the fact that there are platforms out there like Wix, WordPress etc. that make web-development possible with nearly no coding for the DIYers out there.
To be clear I have nothing against these platforms in fact I use WordPress as my own main platform for web-development. There are many tutorials out there that can teach you how to use WordPress for example to create your own website. There are even themes available that you can buy that can help you get the look and feel you want for your site.
Why do you need a Developer then?
The simple answer is that platforms like WordPress require a bit of technical knowledge in case you run into problems. Even if WordPress never presents an issue there are other reasons you need a Developer to create your website.
- Depending on the theme you choose even changing colors, fonts and images may present issues because a theme may need specific sized images to fit the design you are going for.
- The idea you have for how your site must look will most likely require some custom CSS and/or PHP code. Even if a theme seems to look like what you want there will come a time where code will be required for customization.
- Securing your website requires human configuration and it’s something that is constantly changing and evolving.
- Updating a platform like WordPress may require technical actions to complete correctly.
- In case your site is hacked you need an expert to cleanup your site and database
These are five of the simplest reasons I can think of off the top of my head as to why you may need a Developer to create your website for you. Use the methods below to get in touch if you need a hand.